Introduction to Adobe Captivate 9
Adobe Captivate 9 is the latest version of the industry standard tool for developing online learning content. It easily handles software demonstrations, quizzes and other engaging learning experiences. It outputs to the various standard formats including Flash and HTML5 and allows for the creation of 'Responsive' projects. These allow you to vary the content of your learning depending on the device used for access - so a greatly simplified version might be displayed when a user is accessing via a mobile phone.
Captivate 9 integrates smoothly with Learning Management Systems and is compatible with the 'up-and-coming' Tin Can API - a brand new specification for learning technology that makes it possible to collect data about the wide range of experiences a person has (online and offline).
We offer a standard introductory two-day course, a one-day version up-grade session or fully bespoke project-focused training.
To gain a thorough grounding in Captivate 9. On completing the two-day course you will have sufficient skill and confidence to begin creating your own simulations, demos, quizzes and tutorials.
The classes are suitable for newcomers to Captivate and novice Captivate users with a small amount of experience. You should be familiar with Windows. No other prior knowledge is necessary.
- The Captivate Learning Environment
- Creating a 'blank' project
- Creating a 'Responsive' project
- Creating a software demonstration
- Editing slides
- Working with text captions
- The object styles manager
- Using masterslides
- Modifying the pointer
- Working with the Time line
- Working with objects
- Using Smart Shapes
- Investigating 'Themes'
- Inserting animations and applying effects
- Using video and audio in Captivate 9
- Exploring the 'Panning' function
- Recording software simulations
- Using click boxes
- Importing PowerPoint slides
- Inserting buttons
- Using text entry boxes
- Using Smart shapes as interactive objects
- Using Variables
- Inserting rollover captions, zoom areas and slidelets
- Drag and drop exercises
- Inserting question slides and random question slides.
- Setting reporting options
- Updating projects
- Publishing for Learning Management Systems
- Other publishing options
- Using Captivate Reviewer
- Creating and editing Aggregator projects